Spring Treats – Chocolate Nests
These treats are so tasty and perfect for Easter or just a spring gathering! You can never go wrong mixing salty and sweet!
- pretzel sticks (I have also made these with potato sticks, but couldn’t find them anywhere this time around)
- chocolate chips – I always use Ghiradelli
- chocolate candy eggs – I used m&m eggs
I used about half the bag of pretzel sticks and half the bag of chocolate chips to make the nests below.
- Break up the pretzel sticks into smaller pieces so they are easier to assemble into the shape of nests.
- The easiest way to shape the nests is to use a muffin pan so you will want to grease/spray that using butter/coconut oil. You could also put wax paper down on a cookie tray, but then you have to shape the nests without the assistance of the tin.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a medium size bowl.
- Dump the pretzel pieces into the chocolate and stir with a rubber spatula so that chocolate is evenly distributed. If there is too much chocolate – add more pretzels. This will take a little trial and error because you don’t want too much chocolate, but enough so that the pretzels are relatively covered and will stick together.
- Spoon the chocolate pretzels into your muffin tin and mold them into the shape of nests.
- Once you are happy with your shapes, chill the nests until hardened. I left mine in the fridge over night, but it should only take an hour or so.
- Carefully remove the nests from the pan – I used a butter knife to gently pop them out.
- Place your eggs in your nest and you are good to go!